- Starting in 1985 enjoyed a successful eighteen (18) year run in the telecom & technology industry through multiple mergers and acquisitions
- Part-owner in co sold to a publically-traded co in 1995
- Co-founder NewSouth Communications
- Team raised over $500 million in private equity from 1997-2002
- 2002-2011 Greenville First Bank, Commercial Lender.
One of the bank’s Board members, David Ellison introduced Eddie to the rising stars (Paul Foster, John Tripoli, and Jay Hatten) at the local Northwestern Mutual office, and they became banking clients and enjoyed a strong networking relationship with Eddie for the next few years. Eddie joined Northwestern Mutual in January 2013.
- # 1 Bronze, Southern Region 2013
- # 1 Bronze, Awards Year (USA) 2013-14, in a class of over 2,000 new financial representatives
- # 3 Silver, Southern Region 2014
- # 20 Silver, Awards Year (USA) 2014-2015
A 1984 graduate of The Citadel (The Military College of South Carolina), Eddie and his wife Cricket have been married for 29+ years. They have 3 grown children Lynsey, Catherine and Clay and a wonderful son-in-law, Taylor.